Re: Horny Dog driving us crazy

On Sunday, March 9, 1997 at 8:00:00 AM UTC, Danny Fabrizius wrote:
> We have a 13 year old cocker female (spayed) and an almost 2 year old
> male (non-neutered). This past week he has become extremely and
> annoyingly horny and aggressive towards our female.

(more…)

Re: Horny Dog driving us crazy

On Sunday, March 9, 1997 at 8:00:00 AM UTC, Danny Fabrizius wrote:
> We have a 13 year old cocker female (spayed) and an almost 2 year old
> male (non-neutered). This past week he has become extremely and
> annoyingly horny and aggressive towards our female.

(more…)

Re: My Dog Brought Me Some Poop

On Saturday, April 3, 1999 at 9:00:00 AM UTC+1, Lynn wrote:
> Well, clearly one thing you need to do is check the litter box frequently,
> otherwise your dog is going to eat the poop. It sounds as though you’re not
> cleanng it enough. You might consider doing it at least twice a day.
>
> It’s hard to tell why your dog did it, although I must say what you described
> was pretty cute. I’m thinking he brought it to you to show that it was there –
> in the litter box. The way I figuer it, is dogs are somewhat like children. You
> don’t put temptation in front of them, then punish them when they go for it. You
> remove the tempation. I don’t know why dogs like cat poop. Mine does too, so I
> check the litter box probably 4-5 times a day. You don’t have to do a whole
> cleaning every time – just remove the poop. It only takes a second, and the
> problem is solved. Sounds like youre doing a good job training your dog not to
> eat it, but as I said, I’d remove temptation.
>
> Lynn
>
>
>
> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:14:35 -0800, "Michael S. Malley"
> > wrote:
>

> >:/I’ve been working with my black lab pup to teach him that kitty-crunchies
> >:/are not food, and that destroying the litter-box liner and scattering litter
> >:/everywhere is not considered redecorating.
> >:/
> >:/Well, last night I was sitting on the floor and he come trotting up to me,
> >:/bows his head, and drops a piece of cat poop beside me–just like when he
> >:/brings his ball during fetch. Well, I told him NO, and went to check out
> >:/the litter box. To my surprise, the litter box was undisturbed and there
> >:/was cat poop in it.
> >:/
> >:/Upon reflection I wonder if he was doing it to:
> >:/
> >:/a) Let me know that he was a good boy and didn’t eat the poop even though he
> >:/could have.
> >:/
> >:/b) Let me know that the litter needs cleaning or he might do it for me..
> >:/
> >:/or
> >:/
> >:/c) Here Daddy, try some of this and maybe you will understand why I like it!
> >:/
> >:/Still wondering,
> >:/
> >:/Michael 🙂
> >:/
> >:/

(more…)

Re: My Dog Brought Me Some Poop

On Saturday, April 3, 1999 at 9:00:00 AM UTC+1, Lynn wrote:
> Well, clearly one thing you need to do is check the litter box frequently,
> otherwise your dog is going to eat the poop. It sounds as though you’re not
> cleanng it enough. You might consider doing it at least twice a day.
>
> It’s hard to tell why your dog did it, although I must say what you described
> was pretty cute. I’m thinking he brought it to you to show that it was there –
> in the litter box. The way I figuer it, is dogs are somewhat like children. You
> don’t put temptation in front of them, then punish them when they go for it. You
> remove the tempation. I don’t know why dogs like cat poop. Mine does too, so I
> check the litter box probably 4-5 times a day. You don’t have to do a whole
> cleaning every time – just remove the poop. It only takes a second, and the
> problem is solved. Sounds like youre doing a good job training your dog not to
> eat it, but as I said, I’d remove temptation.
>
> Lynn
>
>
>
> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:14:35 -0800, "Michael S. Malley"
> > wrote:
>

> >:/I’ve been working with my black lab pup to teach him that kitty-crunchies
> >:/are not food, and that destroying the litter-box liner and scattering litter
> >:/everywhere is not considered redecorating.
> >:/
> >:/Well, last night I was sitting on the floor and he come trotting up to me,
> >:/bows his head, and drops a piece of cat poop beside me–just like when he
> >:/brings his ball during fetch. Well, I told him NO, and went to check out
> >:/the litter box. To my surprise, the litter box was undisturbed and there
> >:/was cat poop in it.
> >:/
> >:/Upon reflection I wonder if he was doing it to:
> >:/
> >:/a) Let me know that he was a good boy and didn’t eat the poop even though he
> >:/could have.
> >:/
> >:/b) Let me know that the litter needs cleaning or he might do it for me..
> >:/
> >:/or
> >:/
> >:/c) Here Daddy, try some of this and maybe you will understand why I like it!
> >:/
> >:/Still wondering,
> >:/
> >:/Michael 🙂
> >:/
> >:/

(more…)

Re: Horny Dog driving us crazy

On Sunday, March 9, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Danny Fabrizius wrote:
> We have a 13 year old cocker female (spayed) and an almost 2 year old
> male (non-neutered). This past week he has become extremely and
> annoyingly horny and aggressive towards our female.
>
> The one explanation I can come up with is, that my wife is pregnant
> and he is sensing that?
>
> Anyway, is there anything that can be done to settle him down short of
> neutering. He is a beautiful, uniquely colored cocker and I want to
> breed him at some point.
>
> Any suggestions, comments, question..are welcomed.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Danny

(more…)

Re: Horny Dog driving us crazy

On Sunday, March 9, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Danny Fabrizius wrote:
> We have a 13 year old cocker female (spayed) and an almost 2 year old
> male (non-neutered). This past week he has become extremely and
> annoyingly horny and aggressive towards our female.
>
> The one explanation I can come up with is, that my wife is pregnant
> and he is sensing that?
>
> Anyway, is there anything that can be done to settle him down short of
> neutering. He is a beautiful, uniquely colored cocker and I want to
> breed him at some point.
>
> Any suggestions, comments, question..are welcomed.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Danny

(more…)