Re: Why did my dog KILL my puppy???

On Thursday, February 4, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Wanda Hubnut wrote:
> In article >,
> <a (MV Tanning) wrote:
>
> I am very very sorry to hear about what happened to your pup. However, in
> all fairness, it is not Chewy that is at fault. I am afraid that you must
> take responsibility for what happened.
>
> I have owned and rescued pitbulls for over 15 years, so I know something
> about them.
>
> Rule #1.
> Never EVER trust a pitbull not to fight another dog. At 2 years old, your
> Chewy is at the point where his dog aggressive tendencies are beginning to
> be very strong. The fact that Scout was a young female pup is irrelevant.
>
> So, you should never leave pitbulls alone with one another unsupervised
> regardless of their age or their previous behavior.
>
> Furthermore, a person should NEVER leave a grown dog of ANY breed alone
> with a puppy of ANY breed. Too many risks for overly rough play,
> dominance issues, territory, toy, food, water, etc, issues.
>
> You increased the risk by leaving a food bowl that was accessible to both
> dogs. That only increased the likelihood of a fight.
>
> If the pup was stiff and cold than she had been dead for a while, which
> means that the dogs had been left alone TOO LONG.
>
> And then Chewy came up to me like

> > nothing was wrong, his tail wagging, while I was sobbing about my girl. I went
> > apeshit. I put her down, I punch him in the face while screaming at him, I
> > kicked him in the ribs hard, I kicked his back end as hard as I could twice, I
> > kept punching him. I think I was trying to kill him. He just let me hit him

>
> In Chewy’s world, he did not do anything wrong. He did what ALL dogs do
> when their food is challenged and his natural behavior is exacerbated by
> the fact that he is a pitbull and that he had a puppy with him who was no
> match for his aggression.
>
> I understand that you were upset. I understand how you felt. BUT, in my
> own personal opinion, you do not have the temperament to own a dog.
> Punching and kicking a dog repeatedly is not acceptable for ANY reason.
> Shame on you.
>
> Why would he KILL a puppy. I know if it were another dog, since he is an APBT
> > that he would kill it, but why a female puppy? Does that signify that he

> is not
> > a tempermentally sound dog?

>
> See above. And, no it does not mean that is temperamentally unsound at
> all. Though you may be making him so because of YOUR attitude.
>
> Is it really because he is an APBT or does he have
> > a screw loose. She was only 14 weeks old.. If I left the food bowl (empty food
> > bowl) out to other APBT owners, or dog owners for that matter, would your dog
> > have killed her?

>
> Probably. Even an empty food bowl can be a catalyst for territory or
> dominance. And, it could happen regardless of what the breed of the dog.
>
> >
> > Does he realize he killed Scout. He doesn’t act like he did anything wrong. He
> > wants to play fetch, he doesn’t act like he misses her….

>
> Dogs have only one timeframe. NOW. He forgot about it probably about 5-10
> minutes after he did it. All he knows is that you are pissed at him and
> he has no idea why.
> >
> > Since he killed a puppy, and he is not friendly with people, does that mean he
> > can’t be trusted when my fiance and I decide to have children? I know people
> > and animal aggression are two totally seperate issues, but this was a

> puppy. He
> > has never shown aggression towards me at all, even when I lost it last night
> > and beat him.

>
> I think you should give him another home, or put him down. I think that
> he could probably be worked with and become a very good dog, but you dont
> have the temperament for it and you have already abused him once. Also,
> he now has a negative history with you and it goes both ways. He did
> something you think was "wrong" and you beat him.
> >
> > Lastly, should I put the dog down? I love him, I really do, but I don’t

> want an
> > animal that I have to always worry about killing things all the time. I don’t
> > want to think that he will bite some kid someday (He will chase them with his
> > hair standing up if they run, at least he would when he was a puppy. I haven’t
> > seen what he will do now). I am so unsure what to do. I feel like if I put him
> > down, I am evil. But if it is the right thing to do, I will do it. I

> won’t like
> > it, but I will.

>
> There are other alternatives to putting him down. You could try to find
> him another home. But, yes, you should not own him. And, he needs to be
> neutered. Now.
>
> Once again, I am sorry for your loss. But, this is too familiar a story.
> People take a breed upon themselves and do nothing to learn about how to
> take care of them.
>
> Again, this is not Chewy’s fault.
>
> Susan.

(more…)

Re: Why did my dog KILL my puppy???

On Thursday, February 4, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> MV Tanning wrote:
>

> > Look you ****ing dipshit.

>
> No, *you* look, dipshit. You don’t seem stable enough to own a damn chia
> pet. Get rid of Chewy before you kill him, since you can’t seem to control your
> temper, or your dog. Beating the **** out of a dog, for whatever reason, should
> get you arrested. Buy a plant or something and ‘take care’ of that.
>
> Atticus

(more…)

Re: Siberian Husky

We have a litter of male and female Siberian husky puppies available. They are 12 weeks old. All puppies have blue eyes and are black and white. They will be ready to go to their new homes. All that being said, the puppies will be looking for new homes in about now, when they’re all house broken and are very lovely. They have been wormed & given their first set of shots. We will be asking an adoption fee each with shots so we need serious people, since will be coming with all their papers and shots. The choice will be up to the new family. Serious inquiries only, please Call or text Sharon for more info @(650) 517-6607
Email… <a

Re: English Bulldog

We have a litter of male and female English bulldog puppies available. They are 12 weeks old. All puppies have blue eyes and are black and white. They will be ready to go to their new homes. All that being said, the puppies will be looking for new homes in about now, when they’re all house broken and are very lovely. They have been wormed & given their first set of shots. We will be asking an adoption fee each with shots so we need serious people, since will be coming with all their papers and shots. The choice will be up to the new family. Serious inquiries only, please Call or text Sharon for more info @(650) 517-6607
Email… <a

DO NOT BUY A BEARDED COLLIE! Our sad story

How can you say that!! I have had many dogs and I have a beardie who is 16 month old and is the most gentle affectionate loving dog I have ever come across. They have great personalities and are quite comical but very sensitive to human moods. Don’t be put off by the comments. IF I could have a house of dogs I would have bearded collies WITHOUT HESITATION. they are something else!!! You will be privileged to own this breed 🐕😳